The student news site of Fort Vermilion School Division

Aurora

World Wide Hearing

by Jana Dempster

Ms. Paul’s grade 4 students in 2015-2016 made a big difference. This article is to remind you that one person or one class can make a difference. Last year we did lots of fundraising for this association called World Wide Hearing (WWH). This fundraiser collects money for kids with hearing loss, like me. Most people will think that hearing loss is no big deal. But it is a big deal if you have hearing loss you have no idea how much you are missing. Ms. Paul’s class raised over $2000 thanks to this person who gave us a mass donation, we still have no idea who this mysterious person is, but if you are reading this I really want to say thanks. Our class last year made a bet with our vice principal if we raised $2000 dollars she would dye her hair pink, but remember at that point we had $30. This year in September our Principal Mr. Dempster got a call from World wide hearing saying thank you to our class and they want to come to High Level and test every kid in SNCS and FMCS for hearing loss. So they recently came up to test everybody’s hearing. It was just a simple test, they got us to wear head phones and raise the hand we heard the beep in. This cause was very important to me because, I have hearing aids and it will be good for kids to see if they need them too. I also want to say that if you have hearing aids don’t let that hold you back from doing the things you love. If you have hearing aids you still a normal person you not a spy or alien, you’re still you and don’t forget that. You can do anything that kids with hearing aid can do. Thanks for taking your time and reading this article, because hearing loss is a big deal. Many kids and adults suffer from hearing loss.   

2 Comments

2 Responses to “World Wide Hearing”

1. Jenny on May 19th, 2017 3:29 pm

Great job! I am so proud of you for bringing light to this very important issue. And you are right! You can do anything!

[Reply]

2. Jana on May 25th, 2017 11:06 am

That week was a blast it was awesome!!

[Reply]

The Aurora intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Aurora does not allow anonymous comments, and requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• World Wide Hearing

A & E

National Geographic: Spider Monkeys

• World Wide Hearing

A & E

National Geographic: Great White Shark

• World Wide Hearing

A & E

National Geographic: White Tailed Deer

• World Wide Hearing

A & E

National Geographic: Platypus

• World Wide Hearing

A & E

National Geographic: Arctic Wolves

• World Wide Hearing

Showcase

Imagine No Bullying

• World Wide Hearing

Showcase

What Peace Means to Me

• World Wide Hearing

Showcase

SNCS Annual Reindeer Run

• World Wide Hearing

Showcase

Wacky hair day

• World Wide Hearing

News

Grade 5 Fort Projects

World Wide Hearing