The student news site of Fort Vermilion School Division

Aurora

SNCS Parent Forum on Technology

Hailey Komarnicki, SNCS Student Reporter

Tuesday March 3, 2015 SNCS had a parent forum about technology whether its connecting us or dividing.

Mrs. Roberts the principal of SNCS lead this forum and talked about each side of this debate. She said that the reason we had this forum is because we wanted to have a decision whether technology connects us or divides us. She also said that we had it in our Mat Conference room.

What they discussed about was we discussed what it is about technology that scares us. One thing Parents worry about is that children are become incentive and don’t realize that some could be embarrassed. Also the gap about what the children know and what they know.

Technology is also changing so quickly.  As well Not everybody has technology so children feel left out. In third world countries only 9% of people have internet. What divides us the fact that when you’re on Facebook people who are very much like you who are like and don’t talk to people who don’t agree with. People only get 1% of group opinion. We decided to take it to the students with a student forum about the same topic.  People are more connected with FaceTime, texting and Facebook.

Technology does divide us parents are finding instead of reading kids are scanning things a screen. We have stopped reading deeply. My opinion is its both with technology you can talk to far away relatives and its also dividing us because instead of interacting kids are spending more time on their electronics instead of excrescence. Thank you for reading!